Friday, February 25, 2011

Theme: Spirit



week of February 21st
I admittedly put off the theme this week because I just couldn't decide where I wanted to go with it. My initial thought was to do something spiritual, but I never came up with a good idea and it's been my turn to teach my daughter's preschool group this week so I had a lot going on. The unit I am teaching is called "the joy of spontaneous delight" and has actually been quite fun. Then I realized that this happiness in children, who just want to laugh and play and imagine, and that we tend to lose along the way as we grow up, fits this category too. You can see the carefree spirit in their eyes when we play a game or tell a silly story and I've been trying really hard to get a little of it back in me this week. And it's definitely hard!
2-25-11-14
2-24-11-25

No comments: