Sunday, August 28, 2011

Theme: Defeat



Week of August 22nd
Try as I might, I often feel defeated...mostly by the amount of things I need to do/want to do/wish I could do, and the lack of time I have to accomplish them. My house is one thing I have had to learn to let go of a little bit. It is never as clean or as organized as I wish it could be, but I have slowly been able to accept that at this stage of life it just isn't possible, so there is not reason to let it stress me out.
8-24-11-8
This past week as I was driving home from a youth activity at church I was struck by how pretty the clouds were looking as the sun set. They looked as if they were painted and the light was changing color in a beautiful way. It was hard to see once I got home, surrounded by trees and houses, but I tried to capture just a little of it. Moments like that remind me what my priorities should be and help me from feeling defeated.
8-24-11-a

No comments: